Friday, November 6, 2015

Entry 6: A family vacation


When I was 11 my family and I went to California for one week, during the summer. My godmother also accompanied us. We visited San Diego and Anaheim. The plane ride was very long, but I endured it. It was the furthest I have ever traveled. In San Diego, we went to the zoo. I remember seeing pandas and red pandas as well as numerous other animals. We also rode in their aerial tram. We went to Lego Land was well. It had many rides, including a canoe ride where you need to paddle yourself. My godmother and I were in a boat together and got stuck in a small whirlpool on the course. The employees had to pull our boat out. When we went to Anaheim we spent a few days in Disney Land. The Matterhorn, a roller-coaster with a Himalayas theme, was my favorite ride. We also rode a roller-coaster that had three loops. It was a very fun trip. The only thing I regret is not seeing the Pacific Ocean. I would like the opportunity to go again, in the future.

Vocabulary
accompanied (verb, past-tense): came with
endured (verb, past-tense): to deal with
furthest (adjective): most far away
numerous (adjective): many
aerial tram (noun): a machine that moves you across the sky
regret (verb, present-tense): be sad about
opportunity (noun, singular): chance

Vocabulary Exercise
1. If you ride an _________, you can get a bird's eye view of the ground below.
2. A museum will have _________ works of art.
3. My best friend _________ me to the library.
4. You might _________ last meeting someone on a bad note.
5. The exam was 4 hours but I _________ it.
6. Some people look through the newspaper to find the right job _________.
7. The _________ I have ran at once was 500 meters.

Grammar Point & Activity
An irregular past-tense verb is one that does not end in "-ed". See how many you can find in the above passage. Then, write 1 sentence with a regular past-tense verb, and one sentence with an irregular past-tense verb. Remember that regular past-tense means it ends in "-ed."

3 comments:

  1. I always wanted to go to California! I had long flights to Europe and I didn't know how I was able to endure it. I like your activity with the past tense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to California. Too bad we can't have a class trip there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the vocabulary exercise. It had the right amount of difficulty for your Ells. The exercise seemed to almost mirror the concept of the blog.

    ReplyDelete